Monday, October 31, 2005

Visiting History

I had my US Government class reenact the Constitutional Convention today! Chad, you would have been proud. It was kind of like one of those mystery dinners - I gave each person a piece of paper that told them who they were, what they proposed, and how they voted. Then I moderated and led them through the process. It was so much fun! Some of them got into it more than others (I asked the rep from New Jersey if he was drunk when he started mumbling his part without standing up). But I think they all enjoyed that more than they would have enjoyed a lecture.

I also held two classes outside today because the weather was INCREDIBLE. They did pretty well at paying attention, although I did have to follow through on my threat and make them go back inside when they got too distracted. Fortunately that was only for the last ten minutes of the day, so I got to save face while still getting lots of nice outside time. Yay!

This morning I was at Dunkin Donuts and glimpsed a nun working behind the counter. I did a massive mental double take before realizing that it was Halloween. To celebrate I think I'll go do a lesson plan and grade some papers... And maybe eat some candy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with a nun moonlighting at Dunkin Donuts? Those convents don't pay as well as they used to...

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Hooray! Indeed, I'm very proud of you.

Booker said...

Well, a Nun at D&D's, that must have been a site indeed. I wondered if she tithed her paychecks :)