Ahhhhh (sigh of glee to be back on blogger!). It's been awhile.
Guess what. I love teaching so much. I'm already depressed about retiring. Okay, not quite. But I was driving home today and had this weird moment where I was thinking sadly about how great it had been to teach, when I remembered I'm not done teaching yet! Strange, yes, but it's the end of the week and I think I'm entitled to momentary lapses in my short-term memory. Or yes, even severe cases of amnesia. Either way, I'm happy that I get to teach again on Monday! But meanwhile, thank the Lord for weekends (LONG weekends, especially!).
Today was red, white, and blue day at school! I found an excellent quote about patriots from John Milton, which I quickly tore out of its original context and used on the chalkboard with red, white, and blue chalk. Two girls took pictures of it. I AM NOT ALONE!!!
I am now studying The Hiding Place with my 7th and 8th graders. I was worried at first that it was too deep for them. But they are doing quite well, even if they don't get all the nuances. And I get to bring some of my outside knowledge in, too. Yesterday I taught them the song "By the Waters of Babylon," and today I taught them the Hora! They loved it!!! Ahhhh, what a way to start the weekend.
I just love those kids so incredibly much.
Of course, there are the ups and downs... Last Monday afternoon I was so irritated with them I just wanted to let loose with a mighty scream. I refrained, however, and the rest of the week went very well.
And now I have Veteran's Day off, and a nice long weekend to look forward to! Hurrah!
7 comments:
Isn't it nice to not feel alone in something?
Not that I understand the whole colored chalk thing, but I understand in principle :)
Have fun having Veteran's Day off... (talk about feeling alone in something!)
I'd be fun being one of your students...can I come to your class:) Wish you had been one of my teachers:)
I enjoy reading your blogs...had been waiting for a new one...finally got a new one:) I look forward to your blogs.
Do you feel affirmed?:)
Don't worry Craig your not alone. Believe me your uncle makes sure of that :)
Yes I feel affirmed - thanks Marie:) And come visit any time!
The hora, yet! And coloring...and eating...and, and...
Where is this school? I want to come too!
You are just having way too much fun.
Post a Comment