Monday, November 14, 2005

Happy Birthday KJ!

Today is my little sister's birthday, and I would just like all the world to know that I think she is an extraordinary girl. She has such a heart for God and for her family and for her friends. She calls me up sometimes and tells me about lessons she is learning, and I have to restrain myself from saying "Oh Kimberly, you don't need to worry about that," from the biased vantage point of big-sister-who-thinks-she's-pretty-much-perfect-already. But it blesses me to see her responding so readily to the work of God in her life.

Of course, if she called me up and told me that God has been teaching her that she needs to let me poke her more often, then I would agree. There's this weird phenomenon that occurs whenever I get close to Kimberly. I am seized with the urge to poke her. I think it's because she's more serious than I am, naturally speaking, and she just brings out the most unserious side of me. So I get as goofy as possible and start poking her. She doesn't usually appreciate it, strangely enough.

Other than that, we enjoy a great relationship. For years, long before we should have been, we have been close friends. Back when we should have been constantly quarreling we were having sleepovers and taking walks and generally enjoying each other's company. That was a blessing I do not take for granted. And the relationship has only deepened as time has gone on.

So thanks, KJ, for being such a great friend, a dear sister, and a devoted fellow-pilgrim. I love you!

8 comments:

Marie said...

ahhhh, I've been blessed too with a younger sister that's one of my best friends! How old did she turn...20? I think I'm right:)

drewey fern said...

21! Can you believe it?!

Kate said...

I must agree with you Andrea- she truly is a Gem! I am so glad to have her around, and to feel like she is my friend, and not just my friend's little sister. Yay for KJ!

Booker said...

you should poke her more. methinks she is indeed too serious. a serious fault in one with brown blood, lol. Of course, she is certianly silly enough around Bethany, so maybe it is just a level of silliness by comparisons. ie, you are so, um, never mind, lol...

melrandall said...

I don't know what Ryu's speech was about up there, but I'd just like to add my loud AMEN to the KJ praises!

KJ said...

Whoohoo! Thanks Fern! My love tank runneth over. :) And don't listen to DJ; yield not to temptation. :)
Thanks to everyone else who wished me a happy birthday too! I had a wonderful day and felt much love and God's blessing!

Claire said...

Ha! I cackled wicked loud when I read that thing about the poking. I could just imagine the mischevious, impish little twinkle in your eyes, Andrea, as you were seized with the urge to POKE!

lis said...

Andrea, if you watch the Veggie Tales version of Jonah, then you can ask KJ in the proper silly accent if she prefers "Poking, or non-poking." :o)