Today's Claim to Fame
Before Ryan Gomes was a Celtics player, he was my very own classmate at PC. I kind of forgot about the whole "he became a Celtics player" thing until this evening. I was watching the game while grading papers. This means that the game did not have my undivided attention (of course, neither did the papers...). But all of a sudden I heard the announcer
say "he passes to Gomes" or some such thing. Up jerked my head! Gomes! My classmate! Look at the small town kid make it big! It was an exciting moment. He still looks tall, even among the Celtics players. But not as tall as he looked when I passed him at graduation, surrounded by happy family members. I can't wait to tell my kids about it tomorrow.
2 comments:
So why do guy basketball players get to wear culottes and girl players have to wear little bitty shorts?? Granted, girls do look better than guys in said attire, but still! One of the mysteries of life.
so does that make you almost famous?
Post a Comment