Today Katie came to school with me!
Yes. We had school. Despite the small blizzard.
It was so much fun to see her experience my world, and enjoy it. She loved my kids! And they, I might add, loved her. She told my 8th grade boys stories about first hand encounters with sub-machine guns. They were devoted from that point on. She played Hebrew Simon Says with them.
Then the last period came (in which Katie was shocked at my lack of discipline while giving exams), and the small blizzard became rather largish. The electricity blinked several times, causing the children to hope desperately for deliverance from their exam. The Newport Bridge closed. I trembled. Just in time for the commute home. I was seriously worried.
I called dear Uncle Paul, though, whose light confidence inspired such confidence in me. I was relaxed enough that I was up for a 10 minute snowball fight with my students before I left. What fun! Katie and me against 3 high school boys and 1 junior high boy. My aim was abysmal. I was ashamed. But Katie assured me I had won their admiration simply by joining in. Nonetheless, I plan on calling for a rematch next time there's a good snowfall. We shall see.
The commute home took us 2 and a half hours. The last fifteen on the driveway! But it was a peaceful time. Katie read me a story! She's a good reader.
I love having others see into my world, and especially when they are so appreciative of said world! Ahhh, I am rich indeed.
3 comments:
Man, you keep talking about how rich you are! At least, in the last two posts. How much are they paying you, anyway???
Can't be THAT rich if they didn't cancel school :) I think every school here in NH was cancelled :) Least you made it home safely...
Glad you made it home safely. I only had an hour and forty five minute ride (usually 35), so I guess I can't complain to much.
Wident: gfoob
Post a Comment