Ahhhhh, life is good. For one thing, the weather is incredible. For another, this is the first day of my Spring Break! (Well, technically I have it off for Good Friday and next week is spring break.) And just in case that isn't enough to convince you that life is indeed good, I just finished filing my tax returns! Amy P tipped me off to turbotax, and I must say that was incredibly easy. So now I'm breathing easier. I'm not usually one of those push-it-to-April-15 kinds of people, but this year, well, I was.
Spring break should be fun: I have to read the Aeneid, Greek philosophy, My Antonia (not the whole thing), and a lot of poetry. Then I should be able to cruise for the rest of the year! I only have 5 or 6 weeks left. Incredible.
My last day before break was great: I read "Epic" out loud to my high school, and showed the movie of "A Tale of Two Cities" to my junior high. Not too shabby. I also got all of my grades recorded on report cards, which was a huge relief (especially since I kept waiting and waiting for one kid to get his act together and turn in the two papers he owed...).
And the last event of the day was one of the fathers at school getting home from Iraq. That made me feel kind of weepy and sentimental all the way to Fairwood.
Which is where I am now! I love Fairwood. I think I breath more deeply here than anywhere on earth, if you know what I mean. And, as I said at the beginning, the weather is incredible.
And again I say, life is good.
9 comments:
Ahhh Andrea I so agree with you right now.. life is good... I loved talking to you today. Have a fun spring break. I will think of you this weekend while I am at the beach LOL
Hurray for Spring & Home & all the good things that God gives!
Love you!
So glad you are having great weather. Now I don't feel so guilty about our warm weather. Or should I say hot- today the A/C kicked in for the first time this year, and I must say it feels good.
Enjoy your break!
Love your description of Fairwood!
Congratulations on being an awesome teacher! :O) <3<3<3
Ol' 'Lanche agrees thet life is goooood... ...he's just a munchin' away on his fodder---he wonders if you like hay too... 8~)
Epic- now there's a great book! What a wonderful idea of sharing it with your students. Yay for you!
It's amazing what good weather will do to your out look on life, isn't it? Glad it is all going well for you.
Hurrah for break! You should be able to post sooooo much now! Many days in a row! :-) I really have nothing to say. I just wanted to see my new profile pic show up when I commented.
Ohhh, Asa's avatar is neat looking!
and nice post too, btw, lol :-)
Post a Comment