Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Looky Looky! I'm in Cincinnati/Covington


Renee (my wonderful fellow teacher) and I have now arrived at our hotel. It is AMAZING! Here are a few pics of the room itself (Renee is by the window, working diligently). Note the sweet laptop. That's mine:)


.....


Here is the lobby. There is a player piano in the middle of the, um, canopy thing. It's playing tunes as we speak. There is a tile fountain behind it which is hard to see, unfortunately.



.......



Here is the Red's Stadium! I took this picture from my hotel room window.

Woo woo!

So far this conference business is great!

14 comments:

CKS said...

Exciting!

Of course, with baseball on the periphery, how could the conference not be wonderful?

Any glimpses of Tim Naehring yet? Having dinner with him or something?

drewey fern said...

Not so far... but I'll probably see him any second. I was watching carefully for "Little Fenway" as we came in to land.

Mrs. RF said...

Impresive. Enjoy Kentucky!

Shay Dawg said...

Good ol' Kentucky. Who knew? I had no idea that you were going and I was just thinking a lil bit ago..I wonder what Andrea is doing. I checked your blog and She's in Kentucky!

Aaron said...

Here you are!

melrandall said...

YAY! You're in Kentucky! It really exists! What a sweet room -- so very professional w/ your laptop... it reminds me of that cheaply-made hotel commercial where the guy is jumping on his bed and "muuuuultitasking" and such. Yes. Have fun!

p.s. the Sox are continuing to crush the world (9-3). Go John Lester!

KW said...

Hey where are the cars resting on cement blocks? Have fun in the deeeep south!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

See any Blue Grass yet?! ...or hear any?!

ljm said...

Wow! I'm so jealous that your school pays for you to travel to conferences!!

drewey fern said...

No bluegrass yet... Sigh. No cars on cement blocks (that's probably out of walking distance). And no derby either. But I've got two more days!

drewey fern said...

Aaron! Coolest map ever! If you zoom in a little to the left you can see the hotel I'm in! It's distinctive because it has a little connecting link (over a road) to the convention center. It's on Madison and E 2nd St. So I see the Great American Ballpark across the suspension bridge.

SO COOL!

KJ said...

HURRAY FOR YOU! Have a great time! I'm sorry the Reds weren't home last night (if I heard correctly) but maybe they'll be there tonight! Have fun and say hi to Renee for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea!
I jumped over to your blog from KMS's. I'm one of the troop that met you in April. I thought I'd peek and see what you are up to.

Now, I'm not the sort of person who usually leaves comments on blogs of people that I don't know well, but when I saw that you are currently in Kentucky..., well I decided to make an exception.

Enjoy it thoroughly! Frankly, I'm jealous. I grew up about an hour and a half south of Covington and miss it extremely.

So have enough fun for both of us!

Abby Carman

drewey fern said...

Hi Abby! Thanks for commenting! I'm honored:) I'll be sure to enjoy Kentucky extra for you. I wish you could be here too!