Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wheeeeee!

I'm typing this post on my brand new laptop!!! It's beautiful! It's speedy! It's fun! It's mine!

All year I've had in mind the fact that eventually I'll have to stop bumming off the Brown's computers, and finally, when my family decided we'd put our England trip off for a year (which meant I had money in the bank) the time was right. So Shawn scouted out the best possibilities on-line, and Gretchen went to town and brought home MY LAPTOP!

I'm having such fun personalizing it. First, Shawn helped me go through the initial business of putting in your name and agreeing to something-or-other in the Terms & Conditions. But NOW I get to do the more fun personalizing.

First things first, of course. I set Google as my homepage:) Then I zipped over to Webshots.com to get beauuuuutiful pictures for my background. Then I downloaded itunes. And now I'm blogging! My next step will be to start adding people's blogs to my favorites list:) What fun to have my OWN favorites list, and not be just a folder on someone else's (a very kind someone else, at that) computer.

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Blessings upon the heads of Shawn and Gretchen. Boy oh boy, did Gretchen every marry well:)

10 comments:

CKS said...

Congratulations! I remember the glee of receiving my laptop in Israel, with high-speed internet. I whizzed around the internet getting buddy icons and webshots (I think it was) and 9 hundred million pictures of Red Sox players. It was so much fun to have my own center of technology! Alas, there were no blogs back then.

Mrs. RF said...

Ah, yes, the joys of your very own laptop! I rejoice with you. Great fun personalizing it - enjoy!

lis said...

Yay! That was me six months ago...a very happy girl! :O)

(Oh yeah: I'm still a very happy girl. Hee hee)

Aaron said...

Congrats! Now you can visit MY blog all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
; )

Anonymous said...

AMEN to the last line.
.
.
.
.
.
(guess who)

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Cara said...

This one has just partaken of the same joys. About a month ago I got my hardearned HP notebook in the mail. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you. :)

Shay Dawg said...

Yay, what fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»