Monday, January 15, 2007

Another This and That Post

*WHAT a great GAME yesterday! Oh boy! The valiancy of the battling, battling, battling, hanging on by their fingernails, and finally pulling out a VICTORY! That was exciting. I love games that are tense the whole way through... as long as we win in the end!

*I finished The Count of Monte Cristo (the last of the three of us sisters to do so, slacker that I am) and it was WONDERFUL! I echo KJ's sentiments. And I am so excited about reading it with my 9th grade boys! They are going to love it.

*I did blogging by candlelight on Friday night. How Sabbatic of me:)

*I am steadfastly (or stubbornly) avoiding this switch to the new blogger thing. Why? Well, partially it's fear of the unknown, but also because when I comment on new blogs I have to hit all kinds of annoying buttons overruling security stops that ask me if I want non-secure items displayed. It is so trying! I'm sure there is a way to change my security settings to avoid that, but I have no idea how. Grrrr.

*Uncle Paul is one of the most incredible people I know. The other night he did one of those "say just the right thing at just the right time" things, leaving me all weepy (in a good way) in his wake.

*There was actually a winter advisory warning last night! What?! Winter?! Shocking. It's all gone now, though, have no fear. And not a flake to show for it.

*Go Patriots!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that game the best? It was a nail-biter right up to the last three seconds! Ah, the bliss of victory...

I read the Count of Monte Cristo in 9th grade!!!! Actually, it may have been 10th, but at any rate I enjoyed it a lot. (By the way, it is, in my opinion, one of the books most ruined in a movie.) It has so many cool twists and turns that it is worth every of its 1500 pages!

Well, you may have nothing to show for your forecast in RI, but here in NH we have the Dreaded Wintry Mix. Ugh. At least it looks like January now...

Go Patriots!

Anonymous said...

GO PATRIOTS!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was one of the best football games I've watched. Very very nice.

I LOVE The Count of Monte Cristo. It's been on my favorite book list for over five years!!!

TripleNine said...

Ditto the positive Count of M.C. comments, a great book. Be thankful if you haven't gotten much down there. Up here there is a horrible layer of ice over everything. UGH!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the new blogger thing. ARGH. Very annoying. In fact, I just left a comment here only to be switched over to the new format login page and lost the comment...I join you in your GRRRR-ing.

Anonymous said...

whiners.

Be progressive, forward thinking, proactive AMERICANS!!!

'nuff said...

;-)

CKS said...

Me too! No new blogging for me. Part of my worry is having issues when I get back to using our Internet protection service at home...I seem to remember it didn't like the parts of the screen connected to Google (like the sign-in box).

Let's start a stick-in-the-mud club!

Oh, yeah. We did that years and years ago. Yay for us! (And no cutting down trees at Fairwood without asking US.)

Kristi said...

I guess I'm part of the club! Meaning that I haven't brought myself to switch to the new blogger stuff. Maybe the Phlegmatic Club would be more apropos. ;-)