Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Friend Clicka

Dear Readers,

It is my pleasure and honor to introduce to you a new friend:




WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have leaped into the 21st century with the purchase of a digital camera. My motivation was our planned trip to England this summer... One just can't go to England without a 100% reliable camera.

It arrived last night in the mail (after my DEAR cousin Nate found the SWEETEST deal online and snatched it first, asked later:) much to my delight!) and great was the exultation at its arrival.

People. I am in love.

This camera is exquisite! It takes pictures that I can instantly evaluate! I can delete or save at will! I don't have to pay for an entire roll of film to be developed, only to discover that said roll had been on the wrong setting, and every picture is black!

I thought it would take awhile to get my soul around going from film to digital, but folks, my soul is around it. I am at peace.

I brought my camera to school today and took oh-so-many pictures. With the school day and this evening's basketball game I took 66 pictures! Wellll, 66 keepers, anyway. There were also a bunch I deleted. WHAT FUN (right, KJ?)!!!

It has been a mighty long time since I've been bitten by the camera bug. I still have a couple of undeveloped rolls of film lying around, and that NEVER used to happen. But NOW?!?! I'm right back in the saddle again, boy howdy! (Back where a friend is a friend...)

YIPPPEEEEE!!

NATE - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

PS. Here's a picture from last night, while I was trying to figure something out and took an oh-so-unposed picture of myself by accident:)


9 comments:

Aaron said...

VERY NICE!!! It's a little late to leap into the twenty-first century, but better late than never! And what a way to do it! I am jealous. :)

KJ said...

WHAT FUN INDEED!!!! :)

I am SO excited and SO happy for you and can't wait to meet your new friend in person and to see the results!

I love the picture of you too, and nice literary allusion (Clicka)

Booker said...

welcome to the future.

You will be assimilated, Resistance is futile...

Mrs. RF said...

I rejoice with you! What a neat camera- you will have lots of fun with it!

TripleNine said...

Wow! Way to jump feet first; I'm jealous. Like the unposed shot of you :)

lis said...

Clever title and cute pic!

And I rejoice with you!

Claire said...

OSSIM. Congratulations! Hurray for digital! Hurray for Nikon!

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Congrats on the new toy! And I'm a little jealous that you're in a setting where it's appropriate to take pictures at school. I wish I could show people what my students look like (especially the more colorful ones that I tell stories about!), but somehow I don't see that happening. That would be one legitimate parent complaint!

Kate said...

yay!!! take lots of pictures and post them ALL. :-) thats what i have to say.