Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blurbs

Hurrah for the first day of Spring! It was a lovely day, too - nice and warm (relatively) and sunny. Yay!

Today one of my students told me she thought I was 21. Hee hee.

I enjoyed a bonus day at the Feast yesterday, and felt so rich and lucky for one more day! It was a good day, and I especially enjoyed the prayer meeting. There is something amazing about being able to work with God in that way.

Today one of my students asked another teacher how he could know he was saved, and the teacher ummed and ahhhed and said everyone doubts, but one way to tell is by your fruit. OY VAY!!! Everybody does NOT doubt! I do NOT doubt! I wish I could have jumped up and yelled "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved!" If you believe on Him who was sent, you ARE SAVED! I hope it comes up in my class so I can give the UN Reformed Baptist answer! Just believe what the Bible says!

For those of you who haven't heard, TJ and I drove to Fairwood for the Feast last Friday in a roaring blizzard. Fun times. It took me 5.5 hours from school. HOWEVER, if TJ hadn't been driving it would have probably taken me 7 or 8 hours. The roads were practically non-existent and I would have been going 15mph the whole way. But TJ blazed confidently through in our 4-wheel drive, and I am SO THANKFUL for HIM! He definitely made hero status with that one.

Oh. By the way, all of my single friends... (hee hee hee) Yesterday in prayer meeting we were praying about the issue of Christian marriages, and as a little subtopic John Lackie (who also holds hero status) brought up the issue of all of the single people in the Kingdom. He wasn't concerned about it or anything, and wasn't applying pressure or anything (I wasn't even blushing!), but he was just saying that if there was something getting in the way of God's will, we should pray that something OUT of the way. So we prayed about it! And Gretchen turned to me and whispered "I dare you to pray." And I whispered back "You're on." And I did! I carefully prayed for "my friends." Hee hee hee. So WATCH OUT all of you! There were some good prayers, including one for a "season of weddings." Start picking your guest lists, people!

Okay, that's enough blurbage for now I guess... Per tradition (sort of) I leave you with some pics from our Feastly Friendly's Trip:



Sorry people... blogger is being feisty about posting pics so the whole group isn't represented...

10 comments:

lis said...

Wicked cute pics...and hooray for Mr. Lackie! :O)

Claire said...

Yes, feisty indeed. I know that side of blogger well.

I miss you! I love you! I love your posts! I love your pictures!

Kristi said...

Three cheers for John Lackie!! And I love the picture of us ogling Chad's food! Ha, he was so absorbed, we probably could have eaten several bites before he noticed! :-D

brandywine said...

Preach it, JL! Bring on the wedding bells! :)

Booker said...

oh, an old 21 year old!! ;-)

I heard about John's little statements. I just laughed...

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. Hearing of that prayer topic makes me laugh.

Kristi, it's a good thing you kept your paws off of his food, because he would have become alert fast enough if you had dared touch it! The essay wasn't THAT good!

Brenda Jo said...

Yes, in a mini report of the goings-on, he mentioned that you worded it, "my friends".

Kate said...

That's all right Brenda Jo, "her friends" (or at least this one) prays for her behind her back. :-)

CKS said...

Clyde wrote me a note in evening meeting about that prayer topic. I was quite amused...mostly amused. :-) And mostly glad I wasn't there.

KMS said...

Oh, asaphat, but not being there doesn't hinder the POWER OF PRAYER. Who's on your guest list?