Aaron is indeed (as labeled by DJ) a genius! Good job with the new links page!
Yesterday I got into my car, and within seconds was grinning widely. Guess what made me grin.
a) there was a hundred dollar bill on my dashboard
b) the Red Sox spring training game was being broadcast on the radio
c) I realized that that long, horrible day was finally over
I've heard (I forget where) that the answer b is correct more often than any other letter. I don't know if it's true or not - I pick up these weird things and then can't go back to confirm b/c of my somewhat unreliable (to put it nicely) memory. But anyway, in this case b is the right answer, so it's true here. And not only that, but the Sox won the game with a walk off grandslam!!! Not the worst way to end the first game I've listened to this season!
KJ, my kids are very jealous of you living in FL and getting to go to a spring training game or two:)
Good news! At the beginning of the year I merely tolerated Logic class. It was a little too overwhelming to really enjoy, because it's two classes in one, and I have to constantly juggle that. HOWEVER, I'm happy to report that now I actually enjoy it! It's a fascinating subject, that's for sure. So tidy and sensible and, well, logical!
And I'm REALLY loving teaching Algebra. I just graded the latest batch of tests (made by the math company and not by me, lest you accuse me of making the problems too easy) and my kids all got A's and B's! I was very happy.
Incidentally, one should NEVER EVER use and apostrophe (') to pluralize a word. It is always "I saw several cats, dogs, and bananas," and never "cat's, dog's and banana's." The ONLY exception is when you are pluralizing single letters or numbers or something (they all got A's and B's, for example). Just thought everyone should know that. I caught myself with a Thursday's today, much to my mortification, so it's kind of on my mind. Learn from my mistakes, dear readers!
I also read John L's final stanza for the correction sheet poem to my 9th grade boys today, and they genuinely laughed aloud! I thought that was pretty high praise. It's not as if 9th grade boys worry about polite laughter... I really enjoy that class:)
4 comments:
Aaagh, inappropriate apostrophes are my pet peeve!! And I see them on signs and public places all the time. So we must depend on you teachers to raise up a whole new generation of grammatically astute scholars! :-D
One of my favorite professors in college - not an English prof either- had one thing she would stress over and over every semester ( and I had her for four different classes over the years)...She pounded into our heads the dangers of the apostrophe and the plural possessive...
Thursdays, Thursday's- in the Grand Scheme of Eternity, with God upon His Throne, and Souls safe in Heaven...
and I'm gonna stop right there, because I can ;-)
The funniest part of this post was that when I started reading about why you were grinning when you got into your car, I didn't realize it was multiple choice and just thought it was a list of all the reasons, and I was really wondering about that hundred dollar bill!
Post a Comment