I love Ann Coulter. I know she's incredibly abrasive and hasn't a tactful bone in her body (well, chooses not to use those bones anyway...). But I just love her! She's smart and clever and so very right wing:)
Near the beginning of the Iraq war she got into a lot of trouble for saying that the best way to win the war on terror is to convert all the muslims to Christianity. OH, the uproar! But hey, she's so right! It's just WAY to unpolitically correct to say that.
A lot of publications dropped her after that, but fortunately I ran across a site where you can sign up to have her articles e-mailed to you. Sign up I did!
So here is a little gem from her article from last week, "If at First You Don't Appease - Cry, Cry Again."
"In uplifting thought No. 57 about the war, liberals keep telling us that Iraqis are genetically indisposed to freedom, which I would characterize as the hard bigotry of low expectations. On this week, let us remember the message of Passover is that freedom doesn't come easy.
Moses had to grab Jews by the scruff of their necks and drag them to the desert for 40 years to get a generation capable of living in freedom -- and even then the Jews were complaining about it being too drafty. The first "stiff-necked" generation didn't even want to leave Egyptian captivity.
Even in the desert, the Jews would not stop with the golden calves. God nearly let the whole lot of them perish in the desert, he was so angry about their idolatrous ways. Only when he had a new generation, born in freedom, that didn't complain about the food, did he lead them to the promised land. For you liberals still reading, this is all extensively covered in a book known as the "Bible."
(Also this week, we celebrate a fast-track to freedom that doesn't require 40 years in the desert, but as I recall, the suggestion that we convert Muslims to Christianity was shot down early on in this war.)"
Isn't that GREAT!? It made me laugh out loud. Keep up the good work, Ann!
7 comments:
I just ran across an online add to get her emails too! How cool! Go Ann, indeed.... we could use a few more people like her... are you still interested? :)
Commenting on a post a couple 'o posts ago. Did you realize that wgbh had switched stations or did you get surprised by the country coming out of your radio?
Hee hee - I did know they were changing, but I hadn't thought about the fact that my pre-set button was on 102.5, so it sure was weird the first time I clicked on it after the switch! :)
I guess it's good that she's so abrasive and tactless because she kind of helps to balance out all the wishy-washy so called "conservatives" in our government who can't seem to stand up for their own beliefs and keep kowtowing to the liberals...
Wow, Claire! "Kowtowing." Great word! And great point:)
I like Ann Coulter. :) Where is this website? I couldn't find it.
http://www.humanevents.com/offers/offer.php?id=ANN104
That should get you there, Aaron:) If not, you can get there from the Fox News home page.
Post a Comment