Oh my goodness! It's getting warm! EEEEK - there are actually little flowers coming up! OY VAY - there are teeeny tiny green leaves on the oak tree! I've never seen such a magnificent green color!
Ya. So every spring I'm blown away with how nice it is out. This would be wasted on someone who remembers exactly what it is to feel the air growing warm and see crocuses and admire that green color. Well, no, not wasted. It would still be enjoyed. But it might not be met with the same level of awe and wonder, almost as if it was the first time it had ever happened.
Recently I was amused at the New England tendency to think that it really can't be that warm yet - as I wore my sweatshirt on a day that was in the 70s. It really can't be that warm at the end of April. I will trust my knowledge of the past over the actual evidence on the thermometer. No my dear, it really IS in the 70s! Cast off the sweatshirt! Enjoy the warmth!
Hurrah for SPRING! And hurrah for MAY! I decided this morning that May is my absolute favorite month. Happy May Day, everyone!
3 comments:
yes, May will be your favorite month, until June rolls around ;-)
DJ that's so funny! I almost ended the post with "but I'll let let you know when June 1st comes!" You called it:)
Hee hee!! That's why I love you! (well, not the only reason...)
Post a Comment