Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Going to BRITAIN!

I've been getting more and more excited about our trip! You know, the one we're leaving for in 15 hours!! I'm so in the groove now. I just finished formatting the poetry I want to print off to take, and collecting song lyrics to sing ("Scotland the Brave," "Will Ye No Come Back Again," etc.). And I'm listening to "Loch Lomond" as I type. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

And the closer I get, the more I realize that this is a dream come true. Ever since I was old enough to think about a desire to travel I've wanted to go to Britain. It seems like I've been in love with Scotland all my life, and the more I learn about Literature, the more I fall in love with England. And now I'm going there! I'm going to where my ancestors came from - I'm going to see my homeland. It's amazing!

And now, to climax this beautiful moment with a quote from The Emperor's New Groove, "See you [or write to you, anyway]... on the other side."

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm terribly jealous, but I'm very happy for you as well, and trust you'll all have a mahvelous time!

ljm said...

I'm excited for you all! Have a wonderful trip.