Friday, July 20, 2007

Now I'm in England!

Hello again! Well, we've finally hit another B&B with wireless Internet... They seem to be few and far between. But that's okay - it gives me a chance to get some choice gems photographically:) I have over 2000 pictures on my computer right now. Oy vay! And I've deleted much more than I've kept.

(NATE - THANK YOU FOR FINDING ME MY CAMERA!!!)

We've finished our stay in Scotland, and have now crossed over into England. I love this place, too! Oh my word. Tonight we are in the Lakes District, where WORDSWORTH wrote! Wheee! I'm getting into the Literary places big time. Two days ago was Sir Walter Scott's place (and wow, it's awesome - everyone needs to go to his house, Abbotsford), yesterday Wordsworth's birthplace, today his grown up home, tomorrow the Bronte sisters, then it's on to Dickens and Shakespeare... WHEEEEE! What wealth.

Okay, now for some pics from the last four days:

This is beautiful Melrose Abbey, established by Scottish King David I, and closed down by Henry VIII. We saw several Abbeys, and I think this was my favorite. Okay, maybe just one of my favorites:)
This is another favorite abbey, the one connected to Holyrood Palace!
And THIS is Sir Walter Scott's home, which he designed and decorated. I LOVED it. I'm so inspired about reading his work now:)
Here we are at Hadrian's wall. We got there just in time to see this Pict sneaking up on the diligent Roman.
This is Blair Castle, the seat of Clan Murray. Whooo! (Liane & Gretchen, I'm thinking of you and how you were there. Awesome, eh?)
Beautiful Edinburgh! This is taken from Calton Hill where we got some great shots of the city.Here we are, officially crossing from Scotland to England. A momentous occasion...
And now we're in Wordsworth country! We even saw a rainbow, and I was delighted. I mean, how appropriate is that?! Especially considering this Wordsworth poem:
My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky.
Etc.
I'll leave you to look up the rest on your own:)
I'm so thankful for this incredible opportunity!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Just in case you haven't checked your email recently, I just sent you a lil note with some info re: Cambridge... So be sure to check it if you can!

kw said...

Prepare to get WET!!!England beckons:)

kw said...

hiya-feel free to take/post pics of my place:)