...came when I was reading one of those comment sections after a Fox news article, and found this comment:
When you write "Everybody doesn't see it that way" you really mean "Not everyone sees it that way." Editing is kewl. Check it out.
Hee hee hee! It was posted by "nitpicker." Oh for a little more chutzpah. Kind of like the guy bombing down the highway in the fast lane, flashing his highbeams at all who refused to move over for him. It worked like a charm! I sailed along in his wake, falling farther and farther behind, but amazed at how, once people had moved over for him they stayed moved over. It made me wish that there was a polite way to say, "pardon me, could you move into one of the other lanes so that I could get by you?" in a car. I think half the people in the fast lane get tunnel vision and forget that they're supposed to move over. Sigh. So I just pass on the right, usually. But that's a terrible thing to do!
And NOW it's even MORE terrible, because I have a school bumper sticker. OH NO!!! I've been SO conscious of my driving since getting it and it's awful! I just want to get where I'm going, and I employ a weaving and bobbing method now and then. But now I probably shouldn't be doing that. But why oh why should I be the victim of other people's fast lane stupidity?! The only way most of them realize that I want to pass is if I wicked tailgate, and that's also a terrible thing to do and is certainly not going to help out the school's reputation. I'm definitely in a pickle.
Maybe I'll actually have to learn some patience on the road. Gasp! Or maybe I can just hurl touchingly-worded apologies out the window as I pass on the right...
5 comments:
You could go the Girl's Week route and hold up paper signs saying, "Excuse me!"
...am wondering what that there pickle tastes like---or is it not so tight a fit you get a mouthful every time you yawn or what ever...???
I love the last paragraph... Patience?! No WAY! I like the idea of hurling the touchingly worded apologies...those words just have a charming ambiance in juxtaposition with each other. (Or is that redundant? Should I just have said "in juxtaposition" and left off the "with each other"?)
high beams. Now THAT is a good idea...
Maybe you should create a bumper sticker that says something like "Sorry, I'm really a nicer person than you might think by my driving habits." :-)
Post a Comment