But now, here I am, living in my apartment, and doing my own handwash. I'm serious! It's in the little pot as we speak!
Pot? you may ask. Well, yeah. I find that an apartment doesn't come stocked with all the things you'll ever need in said apartment. Mama does her hand washing in a plastic basin type thing. I have no plastic basin type thing. So I improvised and am using a cooking pot:)
Where did you get the cooking pot? you may ask. AH! Let me TELL you! I purchased a pots and pans set!!! My friend Karen (mother of two of my current students and fast becoming a dear, dear friend) had a beautiful teflon set of pots which she'd purchased before her marriage, not knowing that her future husband would have an issue with teflon (as well as cell phones, artificial sweeteners and anything else that has any possible link to cancer). So I bought it from her for much less than the original price. Hurrah! I felt SO very grown up to be driving home with my very own pots and pans...
Where did you get the cooking pot? you may ask. AH! Let me TELL you! I purchased a pots and pans set!!! My friend Karen (mother of two of my current students and fast becoming a dear, dear friend) had a beautiful teflon set of pots which she'd purchased before her marriage, not knowing that her future husband would have an issue with teflon (as well as cell phones, artificial sweeteners and anything else that has any possible link to cancer). So I bought it from her for much less than the original price. Hurrah! I felt SO very grown up to be driving home with my very own pots and pans...
Here, in fact, are some of these pots and pans, surrounding Melissa in glory:) (She came in to use my computer right after I'd unpacked them...) Ummm, also I had no bedspread at that point. Don't notice that. I just got one from Mum today.
I tell ya, this apartment business is more fun THAN a!
5 comments:
Of course, you could just use your kitchen sink!
How very resourceful of you!
Apartment business is more fun than a... WHAT?!?!? It's killing me!
Good job doing hand washing... I did that while I was still in Bible school :) mwhahaha
But I don't have my own pots and pans... now that's cool! Hurray for you :)
I wonder who anonymous is....
I was not the anonymous this time, by the way.
And alas, if hand washing is a sign of maturity I may never attain unto that state myself...Well, okay, I have done some before, and still do occasionally. But mostly I avoid it like the plague.
PS Totally cute picture of Meliss, by the way : )
Post a Comment