
I love my Mom. And today is her birthday! I love her because of the many ways she is like me. She understands me. I love her because of the (fewer) ways she is unlike me. I can't actually think of any at the moment. Well, that's not true - she doesn't have a lot of my faults! She has allowed God to work in her life in a remarkable way. And she can give amazing counsel along those lines. She is a very wise woman. I love her because she is fun and adventurous (you should have seen her on the moor on the Isle of Skye!) and funny and as kind a person as you will ever meet. I'm so thankful for such an awesome Mom!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mrs. M!!! I love you!
What a marvelous picture! Happy Birthday, Aunt Sharon! I love you too!
Yes, Happy Birthday a day late!
Your mom=another one of my favoritest people!
World's Greatest Mom!
And even, world's greatest woman!
And I wish I was more like her, particularly in the areas of self-sacrifice and service to all.
Not to mention submission to God, silence in suffering (as opposed to loud, exaggerated wailing), and hmm... what else begins with "s"?
Well, anyway, yes, a truly admirable creature, refined by a truly awesome Creator, and a blessing to the rest of us.
Hurray for Mom!
Post a Comment