I was just standing at my kitchen sink draining a thingy of tuna fish, and realized that I was vigorously squeezing the lid against the meat with the dreamiest of expressions on my face. How is this? Tuna fish is many things, but dreamy is not one of them.
It was this way, you see: I was listening to Charlie Zahm's "Caledonia and Me" while I prepared my (oh-so-yummy) tuna melt. "But throughout it all, through desert storm and shower, I have dreamed of home: Caledonia and me." Suddenly I was thinking of those hills again. Hence the dreamy expression. Man, did that place ever get under my skin!
In other news, today one of my fellow teachers found out that I don't really cook. "Well, would you like to learn how?" she asked expectantly. And it hit me. I really don't want to! Not only do I not like cooking, I don't even like the thought of liking cooking! Things have reached an extreme state... But not really, because I'm not that picky an eater, and I'm fine with eating tuna melts!
And dreaming of Scotland...
2 comments:
Amen Sista! At least to the dreaming of Scotland part... you can have the tuna melts :)
It are those random types of moments though, that I wish someone who didn't know you well would suddenly appear and be incredibly weirded out by you (or me) - just for the humor aspect. Heeheehee
You don't even like the thought of liking cooking!? That's insane. What if you heard someone say that they don't even like the thought of liking to read?
Post a Comment