Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Glimpses of My Life

I'm waiting for my laundry to dry... Clearly that means it's time to blog. My Lit lesson tomorrow is one of those that can easily be winged.

*Today I said "She sounds like Edmund [from King Lear]" about one student, and the other knew what I meant! I was so proud of her. There's nothing like sharing a quick literature joke with someone...

*I sent my second kid to the principal's office. The principal was there. I felt kind of sickly...

*In Composition class I had a student hand in a paper that made me laugh so hard I was crying. Don't worry - it was supposed to be funny. He is definitely on my top 10 funny people list. What an honor for him! (This is the one I sent to the principal the first time...)

*I wonder who else is on my top 10 funny list. Danny, definitely. Also Brandon. And, um, 7 other people too... OH! Amy, for sure. Okay, enough. I'll write myself into a corner.

*Bobby makes me laugh a lot, too, but his is a different brand of funny. Mostly I just laugh AT him. Hee hee hee - just kidding:) He actually is wicked funny.

*One of my student's dads, ahem, the father of one of my students, I mean, came in yesterday and thanked me for inspiring his son to write. Apparently his son never wrote much at all before attending our school this year, and his parents have noticed a definite change. This came right after a blow to my, um, sense of accomplishment, so I was especially thankful for the encouragement!

*I told said dad that that was the whole reason I'd become a teacher - to inspire others to a love for literature. Well, writing is a little different, I guess, but hey... close enough!

*My students have challenged me (a challenge I attempted to take up while leading music in chapel this morning) to play the guitar without resting my pinkie (why not pinkey? or even pinky?) finger on the instrument. I have this weirdest habit ever of anchoring my pinkie while I strum with my remaining fingers. Weird. And of course they picked up on it instantly. I found that I could strum okay without the anchored fingers, but when I was picking it was harder to stay where I wanted to be on the strings. And again I say weird.

*I think rhetoric class rocks. It inspires me to be more careful with my words. For example, the word "rocks." Hmmmm.

*There are three weddings on my agenda for this summer! Yay! Time to go SHOPPING!

*Speaking of clothes, maybe my laundry is done drying now...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Now wait just a minute! Which Amy are you talking about? (Confused Questioning look) And is this a good kind of "funny"? or some other kind of funny? (suspicious look with raised one Eye brow)

KJ said...

I love your life :)

drewey fern said...

Hee hee - it's Amy Partin. Definitely good funny! :)