Yeah... not exactly as poetic as some... But we here in the Murray household are making some changes!
After hearing that cancer is about to become the #1 killer in the US, and after hearing one of my students rant about being more healthy for the past 4 months, and after turning 29, which is practically 30 which is practically 40 - the age at which people should take care of themselves - I finally decided I'd jump on the healthy bandwagon.
So the plan is this:
5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day
3-4 20-30 minute exercise sessions per week
Cut the sugar
Sound good? Do-able? I think so (especially since I have an except-Sabbath clause). If you think so too, feel free to join us! I'm pretty psyched about it. I even made some green tea this morning (high in antioxidants!), but I forgot to drink it because of a phone call. Now I remember it. Must go drink!
8 comments:
Good for you! ( no pun intended!) And it's funny how at first five servings of fruits and vegetables can sound daunting at first but when you consider that a simple banana is worth two servings - well, there you go.
I loved the part about 29 being a hop skip and a jump away from decrepitude.
ooops- too many "at firsts" there...
Just what exactly do you mean by "cut the sugar"? Does that mean cut it out entirely? Or do you mean rather cut down on the sugar? Define your terms. I ain't jumping on no bandwagon blindfolded, if you know what I mean.
: )
Love,
Gretchen
Haha - well, we're cutting out dessert-y stuff and candy. Except on the Sabbath, of course. We allow exceptions if necessary... We believe in realistic expectations. :)
No more chocolate? Not even M&M's?! You're going to waste away to practically nothing! Just kidding, I support your healthy lifesytle changes!
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I may consider jumping on the bandwagon once I finish up my package of Dove Dark Chocoloate Promises in the next few days or so...
Not to rub it in or anything : )
Hee-hee-hee
MORE POSTS, PLEASE!
Ditto to Claire!
Must we force you to buy a new laptop?
:)
Post a Comment