So recently I was pretty stressed about school and life and such, and found myself in a bit of a complaining place. When my students are in their complaining place I give them inspiring lectures about how life is 5% what happens to you and 95% how you react to it. But when I am in a complaining place I am totally justified! Haha. No, actually, I realize that I do not belong in a complaining place. No child of God does!
So now I'm trying to be in a thankful place. I remember those notebooks Gerry passed out one 9:00 hour in which we were to write down 5 (or was it 10?) things to be thankful for at the end of each day. I haven't actually picked that up again, but those are the lines along which I'm going to be trying to live.
So in that spirit, here are 5 things I'm thankful for today:
#1. That I only had to take TWO extra classes today thanks to another teacher's illness.
#2. That staff meeting only went for an HOUR.
#3. That I wasn't SO tired that I fell asleep on the way home from school.
#4. That only TWO of my students were on their worst behavior today.
#5. That my landlady called me to see what that noise was AFTER I was all done exercising.
Hee hee hee - I'm totally kidding! My day actually went very well:)
So here's the real list:
#1. That I have the world's best students.
#2. That staff meeting offered a timely and inspiring reminder that what my students need most is love.
#3. That I have amazing co-workers.
#4. My incredibly darling apartment, which has become a place of refuge and refreshment.
#5. That I get to read P.G. Wodehouse tonight!
#6. That my student who missed 2 algebra classes last week easily caught up today (what a guy!).
#7. That my headmaster is pleased with what I'm doing with the high school in Chorus.
Looky there! Two bonuses. Life is good:)
3 comments:
YES! Way to go YOU! You are wonderful! I am so thankful for you, and for this reminder.... I need to be in a thankful place too, since stress seems to be the thing to do nowadays....! LOVE YOU
H'ray for thanks-induced cheeriness : )
I love making thankful lists, and haven't been doing it as much lately. And after all, 'tis the season! Thanksgiving is a mere month away!!!
I think you should post your daily thanks, so I (and all your other faithful readers too, of course)can be the beneficiaries! WHAT a good idea!
: )
Thankful lists are the BEST! They have successfully dragged me (even kicking and screaming on occasion) out of the Slough of Despond and into Much Cheerfuller Locations.
:O)
Three items on my thankful list:
1. Andrea
2. KJ
3. Gretchen
!
Post a Comment