Saturday, October 08, 2005

A Blustery Day

I got up this morning and was so happy it was raining! This was kind of a strange reaction. But I was feeling so incredibly cozy being in this nice warm comfortable house, without having to step foot outside unless I wanted to. I did end up making two trips to the car today, but that was it!

Inside, where it was warm and dry and safe (not that it was particularly unsafe outside) I spent a most enjoyable day with Melissa, reading, chatting, and watching a movie. It was quiet and relaxed and all that a Sabbath should be.

And all of this was enhanced by the windchimes on the porch (the inspiration for this post). The windows were open, and I could hear them all day, along with the rain on the roof and the wind in the trees. And what a sound they made!

These are special windchimes. My big sister and her family gave them to me for my graduation from PC. She wanted to buy me windchimes, because every time I leave her house I ring the ones she has on her porch. And so she and I went to Keene together to choose some. The whole day was a great one, but those windchimes were the crowning touch. They were made by a man whose goal in making them was to create the most beautiful windchimes in the world. I'm pretty sure he succeeded. My particular ones are called "Gregorian Chimes in A" or something like that. They are so melodious and pure sounding. I've never heard windchimes like them! And all day long they were ringing, creating a beautiful background to the rest and fellowship that the day had.

So next time anyone is in RI, make sure to stop and listen to my windchimes!

4 comments:

CKS said...

D'oh! I should have come to RI! But I spent an almost perfect day here in my own cozy abode away from the rain, so I can't complain.

Booker said...

I concur, there is nothing like the feeling of being inside while outside it is being miserably "natural" :)

lis said...

Rainy days were definitely invented in heaven. Never had windchimes, but now I want some!

PS Do those word-verification things make YOU feel like you're visiting Mavis Beacon? Mine says "wooic" a word most intriguing.

(Why, oh why do I have a fascination with the word "intriguing" when I can't even spell it confidently??)

Kristi said...

Heh, heh, why don't you live in Washington for awhile! Your ideas of "heavenly" rain might change to negativity, but on the other hand, maybe you'd be super happy!