Merry Christmas, dear friends! I had a wonderful day with my family, and I'm feeling very thankful. I wanted to give some public worship to my Jesus before the day is done. I'm so unutterably glad that we have a Savior who KNOWS -- One who came and lived a complete life here on earth, a life with all its human ups and downs, experiences and limitations, and hurts and pleasures great and small. I found this quote from Charles Spurgeon tonight that I really liked:
"Immanuel, God with us in our nature, in our sorrow, in our lifework, in our punishment, in our grave, and now with us, or rather we with Him, in resurrection, ascension, triumph, and Second Advent splendour."
Praise the Lord for His unspeakable gift, which we've only begun to open!
5 comments:
And a merry Christmas to you as well!
I went to check my blog to see if anyone had commented and I was SO confused for a moment:) Hurrah that you posted!!! And what a great post, too. I love that quote - that idea has been real to me this season, too. And you're right - a gift we're just starting to open. Thanks for helping in the opening process!
(I MISS YOU!)
Andrea HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AND A GOOD YEAR TO COME... I LOVE YOU
Hey Melissa, I was thinking Andrea had flipped her lid and double posted at first. I guess that'll teach me to pay closer attention :) Trust your break is going well...
great quote... a good reminder... have a great new yeah! Love ya!
Post a Comment