Now that my major responsibility (Girls Week) is behind me (and, by the way, it was the best GW yet!), my summer vacation has officially begun!!!
How, you may ask, will I fill the 48 days I have stretching before me?
Perhaps I shall go horseback riding, or attend a baby shower, or try out some zip-lining, or host a tea party for my high school girls, or canoe the Concord River to see the "rude bridge that arched the flood," or stay in a B&B in the White Mountains, or eat at the world's best pancake house, or consume vast amounts of American Lit (ha! you thought I was going to say pancakes, didn't you?), or zip over to 6 flags for a day, or go to a surprise birthday party, or get together with my juniors and seniors before my senior leaves for college, or check out Robert Frost's home, or visit The Hills, or have my 8th grade over for a game night...
Or maybe I'll choose option D, all of the above! Wheeee haw!
Re: Robert Frost. I have decided that a noble ambition for an English teacher would be to visit at least one author's home each year. Here is my list thus far:
2006 - Louisa May Alcott
2007 - Shakespeare, Bronte sisters
2008 - Longfellow
2009 (projected) - Robert Frost (and I'll probably go to Hawthorne's for American Lit...)
Yay for New England (and Old England)! Way to be historic!
1 comment:
Awesome list of homes! What a great idea! I love having specific, at least semi-attainable goals like that, and noble ones too!
Post a Comment